ESRA is calling for Abstracts! - ESRA

ESRA Updates

May 2023 | Issue 12

ESRA is calling for Abstracts!

Luis VALDES (ESRA General Secretary, Hospital Costa Del Sol, Spain)
SHARE

ULTIMATE DEADLINE: June 04, 2023 

Dear friends, our ESRA Annual and World RA & PM congress is getting closer.
Abstracts presented at this scientific meeting are of crucial importance for the authors and ESRA.
Abstracts are an opportunity for learning and a showcase of knowledge and research about recent scientific production.

Abstracts identify those involved in the edge of such production, particularly new authors giving their first steps in the field and old ones, still active and hungry for discovery and new frontiers.

Abstracts may be a way to register new working interests and thus be able to select topics to be discussed at future meetings. Authors and investigators aim to communicate an innovation they have observed, a new technology they have applied, or the experience they have gathered in a subject.

It is our responsibility as the oldest anaesthesiology society in Europe and the world’s leading regional anaesthesia & pain therapy society to take exquisite care of these gems: some still raw and others beautifully polished. For this World event we have changed the rules for abstracts submission and evaluation as an attempt to make the evaluation as fair, effective and homogeneous as possible. All the abstract accepted will be published in RAPM Journal.

To submit & review the abstract submission guidelines, please follow the link here!

You can send your abstract(s) until May 21st, 2023 (included, midnight, CET).
Abstract Submission Notification will be sent during mid-June 2023 and you can do early registration until the 18th June 2023 (included, midnight, CET).

As every year, two categories of awards will be established for the best papers: Regional Anaesthesia (RA) and Pain Medicine (PM). A distinction will be made between best free oral and e-poster presentation in each category.

The rewards for the winners of the best free oral presentation for RA and for PM are:

  1. EUR 1,500 for the first place.
  2. EUR 1,000 for the second place.
  3. EUR 750 for the third place.

The rewards for the winners of the best e-Poster presentation for RA and for PM are:

  1. EUR 750 for the first place.
  2. EUR 500 for the second place.
  3. EUR 250 for the third place.

As the main aim is to promote investigation and research of our young members, the presenting author must be a trainee-resident-fellow no age limit, or an anaesthesiologist aged 35 years or less to be considered for the abstract prizes.

The scientific committee will judge the submitted abstracts and reach the final winner of each category based on the total score obtained after submission and presentation sub-scores. Each abstract submitted to the congress platform will be reviewed by 3 blinded reviewers. The online evaluation will account for the 30% of the total score while the on-site assessment will account for the remaining 70%. TOTAL score = [(On-line score x 30) + (On-site score x 70)]/100.

Every abstract will be evaluated considering 5 domains, each of them scored from 0-10:

  1. Interest grade: 0-10 points.
  2. Adequate methodology (Overall quality): 0-10 points.
  3. Quality of Scientific Design. Needed to limit maximum punctuation depending on the type of study (the value of this item shall be worth double).
    a. Clinical case: 1-3 points.
    b. Cohort- descriptive case series: 4-6 points.
    c. Meta-analysis/RCT: 7-10 points.
  4. Conclusions: 0-10 points.
  5. Utility: 0-10 points

The Best Free oral and Best E-Poster Presenter awardees will be announced during the ESRA Awards Ceremony during the Annual Congress ESRA World 2023, chaired by the Past President. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will receive their prize after the Congress.

Dear friends, we encourage you all to submit your works and to enjoy the wonderful World Congress jointly developed with the world majors RA & PM Societies (AFSRA, AOSRA, ASRA & LASRA).

Topics: Pain Medicine , Regional Anaesthesia , ESRA Congress , Research , Abstracts

ASRA-PM and ESRA's Path to Collective Success

Subscribe To Our Mailing List

We treat your personal data with care, view our privacy notice.